As a leading provider of Elizabethtown periodontics, Dr. Robert Franklin is dedicated to ensuring the health and happiness of each and every patient. In cases where persistent pains and aches are keeping you from getting a full night of sleep or functioning throughout the day, we are available to provide emergency dental services. While we will do our best to schedule your appointment as soon as possible, here are some actions that you can take in the meantime.
- • Toothache – If you are experiencing a persistent toothache that will not go away, use warm water to rinse your mouth and gently floss between your teeth to remove any debris that may be causing pain.
- • Broken tooth – Rinse your mouth with warm water and then hold a cold compress to the area to reduce swelling. If you are bleeding, apply gauze to the area as well.
- • Lost tooth – A lost tooth will require emergency dental services in order to be replaced. In the meantime, you can try to place it back into the, socket but do not force it. If it will not go back into the socket, place it in a cup of warm water with a pinch of salt until we can see you.
- • Lost or broken crown – If you can, place the crown back over the tooth and hold it in place with temporary dental cement.
- • Abscess – An abscess will require immediate dental services to prevent the infection from spreading. In the meantime, however, rinse your mouth with warm saltwater every few hours to keep the area clean.
We know that dental emergencies are unpleasant and will do our very best to give you our attention as soon as we can. If you are in need of emergency dental services, please contact your Elizabethtown periodontics provider, Dr. Franklin, as soon as possible to avoid further injury.